Re: Comments on HCG draft charter

On Mar 11, 2011, at 15:56 , Chris Lilley wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 8, 2011, 6:23:52 PM, Robin wrote:
> RB> Pardon my ignorance, but do we still have a Forms WG? Its charter
> RB> lists it as having expired in 2009.
>
> According to the (Member-only,no idea why) list of W3C Working Groups
> http://www.w3.org/Member/Mail/
> it ends 2012-03-31

Ah. That's a better source for information. What I did was:

  1) Google for "forms working group"
  2) Landed on http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/ (which seems legit)
  3) Clicked on that very fist sentence "The Forms working group is chartered..."
  4) Which brought me to http://www.w3.org/2007/03/forms-charter.html

So I guess it's a case of the group's home page being out of date :)

> I agree that charters should be updated with revised end dates when groups are extended. But that also seems to have happened:
> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/2009/charter2010
> "End date 	31 March 2012"

Right, which works great if you got the right charter in the first place. So second suggestion: update old charters to indicate that they are dead. What we have for TR works nicely, I'd like to suggest that we do the same thing for charters.

Exactly as above with http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/ and http://www.w3.org/2008/01/timed-text-wg.html!

--
Robin Berjon
  robineko — hired gun, higher standards