Re: Could Hydra Help With P2P Web Payments?

Hello Melvin

As a general rule, Hydra aims to be a generic tool which can represent any (hypermedia) REST API. Whether we are there or not is another matter of course.
That said, an important fact stands out on the API's home page - it is a gRPC implementation. Even the "REST" flavour of lnd seems to follow the RPC paradigm. That fact may make Hydra an ill fit. It does not mean it's impossible but you probably would not reap the benefits of building a linked API. Take that with a pinch of salt though as I've only had a very shallow look at the docs.
> I was wondering if Hydra would be a way to help make this more RDF like
In what way would you like to make it more RDF-like? Hydra aside, you could start by building a vocabulary around the resource representations. Easiest approach is to enhance the JSONs with an JSON-LD context which turns plain objects into RDF triples.
Next step could indeed be to start drafting an API Documentation document to describe the possible operations.
Let us know if you have more questions.
Tom
On Feb 18 2019, at 10:17 pm, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com> wrote:
> The lightning network is an exciting new project to allow instant payments on the web in a P2P way.
>
> The API is here, and well documented
>
> https://api.lightning.community/
>
> I was wondering if Hydra would be a way to help make this more RDF like. If so, how would you go about it. Or is that not a type of use case for hydra?

Sent via Migadu.com, world's easiest email hosting