Re: ANN: Clojure library

Am 29.01.2017 um 20:27 schrieb Gregg Kellogg:
>> On Jan 29, 2017, at 9:42 AM, Markus Lanthaler
>> <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net <mailto:markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>> wrote:

>> Fantastic work Antonio! Thanks for sharing

>>> Sounds like a good plan. I think it has been discussed before that
>>> SHACL should become an integrated part of Hydra, so experience in how
>>> to combine Hydra and SHACL is very welcome. :)
>>
>> +1
>
> Note that the ShEx [1] JSON variant (ShExJ) was just changed to
> JSON-LD, and there are a number of implementations. ShEx handles the
> same use cases as SHACL, but makes implementation much easier.
>
> There are a couple of places that shape matching could come in handy:
>
> * For validating the Hydra documentation
> * As a way to specify the expected shape of a Hydra Operation
>   * Client-side to formulate the operation
>   * Server-side to validate the operation
> * For performing before/after analysis of the target. (LD-Patch could
> also come in handy here).
>
> Gregg
>
> [1] https://shexspec.github.io/spec

Very interesting, I'll have a look and try to find out where ShEx
statements would go in a hydra document.

@Gregg can you comment a bit about the relationship between SHACL and
ShEx? Just two competing specs?

BTW, if someone reads the primer and wonders why they didn't write it in
ShExJ, there is a radio button somewhere at the bottom of the section
https://shexspec.github.io/primer/index.html#validation which allows you
to switch representations. Or press the J key on your keyboard :-)

Best,
Dietrich