Re: [ANN] Linked Data Templates: First draft and Call for participation

Linked data support's various data serialization via Openlink Software Virtuoso Server. Visit http://www.openlinksw.com  website for more details.

________________________________
From: Gray, Alasdair J G <A.J.G.Gray@hw.ac.uk>
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2017 12:03:47 PM
To: Martynas Jusevičius
Cc: public-lod; Semantic Web; Hydra; public-sparql-dev@w3.org; public-rww@w3.org; public-ldp@w3.org; Tim Berners-Lee
Subject: Re: [ANN] Linked Data Templates: First draft and Call for participation

Hi Martynas

The Linked Data Templates look like a really interesting way of getting a read/write data web. However, I’m unclear whether you support data returned in non-RDF serialisations, e.g. CSV, or JSON.

In the Open PHACTS Discovery Platform [1] we used the Linked Data API to provide an abstraction for our web (HTML/CSS/JSON) app developers so that they did not need to be proficient in Semantic Web technologies (RDF, OWL). This greatly improved the efficiency of the development of our project as it meant our app developers could focus on what they were good at and the semantic web technology was exploited but hidden [2].

I have more recently be using the Linked Data API approach in different projects where we are starting to see a need for being able to write data, not just read it.

It would be a huge limitation of the Linked Data Templates if they did not support serialising to CSV, JSON, etc.

Best regards,

Alasdair

[1] https://dev.openphacts.org/
[2] http://content.iospress.com/articles/semantic-web/sw088