Re: ANN: Clojure library

> On Jan 29, 2017, at 9:42 AM, Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net> wrote:
>
> On 27 Jan 2017 at 15:14, Asbjørn Ulsberg wrote:
>>
>>> I just wanted to let you know about a Clojure library for Hydra APIs I have
>>> been working on:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/antoniogarrote/levanzo
>
> Fantastic work Antonio! Thanks for sharing
>

>>> It also supports validation based on the declarative information in the API
>>> and mock data generation. I hope to add additional support for SHACL so it
>>> can offer more expressive validations.
>>
>> Sounds like a good plan. I think it has been discussed before that
>> SHACL should become an integrated part of Hydra, so experience in how
>> to combine Hydra and SHACL is very welcome. :)
>
> +1

Note that the ShEx [1] JSON variant (ShExJ) was just changed to JSON-LD, and there are a number of implementations. ShEx handles the same use cases as SHACL, but makes implementation much easier.

There are a couple of places that shape matching could come in handy:

* For validating the Hydra documentation
* As a way to specify the expected shape of a Hydra Operation
  * Client-side to formulate the operation
  * Server-side to validate the operation
* For performing before/after analysis of the target. (LD-Patch could also come in handy here).

Gregg

[1] https://shexspec.github.io/spec <https://shexspec.github.io/spec>