Re: Hydra Status

Hi all,

Hydra is great and definitely going in the right direction, but I agree
that a review of the overall architecture would be beneficial too.

There's been some developments in other groups since we started which might
help. One of the areas I've had problems is with constraining choices in
requests - we might want to look at replacing/augmenting Hydra:Class with
the work the Shapes Working Group are doing (e.g. https://www.w3.org/TR/
shacl/).

I've also had a problem finding ways to navigate through a sequence of
steps in an API (e.g. when you need to do multiple form posts in a
sequence). Interesting to see that Mike Amundson has been compiling some
patterns for hypermedia - I think we could benefit from the navigation
patterns:

https://www.oreilly.com/learning/12-patterns-for-hypermedia-service-architecture

Cheers,

Kev