Re: The survey results are in and they look great

Am 17.06.2016 10:08 schrieb Tomasz Pluskiewicz <tomasz@t-code.pl>:

> Dietrich,
>
> I mean that there is little value in implementing the client so that in only ever processes JSON-LD. Internally too

how does the client use rdf internally, as opposed to just using a serialization of rdf? Does it *need* to read incoming responses into a serialization-agnostic internal rdf model?

In my view, the client is a kind of "browser engine" which follows the application protocol to achieve a goal, using serializations of rdf as message formats. It might be sufficient to operate on the message directly to find hydra information. E.g. there could be a pluggable json-ld and turtle OperationFinder and a pluggable json-ld and turtle LinkFinder - that should be sufficient for "browser engine" operations.

Actually working with the non-hydra data the client receives is out of scope for the client, don't you think? The component which *uses* the hydra client would read a client result into a triple store and reason over the data if that is what it needs - not the hydra client.

What I have in mind are small devices or SPA browser applications which use the client for API access. Hence the desire to stay lightweight. Requiring a javascript rdf library doesn't sound lightweight to me.

Best,
Dietrich