Re: The survey results are in and they look great

On 2016-06-16 21:35, bergi wrote:
> Working on the triple level is difficult. A JSON-LD structure or JSON-LD
> like structure would be nice. SimpleRDF [4] handles that problem. It's
> based on RDF-Ext and will support the RDFJS spec when implementations
> are available.

As for the client library internals, I find working with Hydra
ApiDocumentation and representations easier at triple level. But the
consumer only ever gets back JSON.

> The result is hydra-fetch [5]. If you look at the example [6] it's even
> possible to attach the methods (.get and .put) into the response
> structures. It needs better examples and documentation, but because of
> the discussion I thought it's time to publish it, so people understand
> what I'm talking about :-)

Great, so are there three Hydra JavaScript clients already in the
making? We definitely need that call. And it won't be short I think :)

> If we build a generic UI I would vote for Web Components. I tried
> Angular (and wasn't happy with it), I used React for some projects, but
> from my point of view only Web Components gets the idea of the Web.

Oh yes Web Components definitely. This is the framework-agnostic way for
UI. I've been implementing a generic Hydra client for some time using
Polymer and driven by my client library. I've been kind of happy with my
progress around read-only views and I'm now experimenting with generic
and extensible forms. There's a blog post outlining some basic ideas [1]

[1]: http://t-code.pl/blog/2016/04/hypermedia-driven-ui/