Re: The survey results are in and they look great

Am 16.06.2016 um 20:16 schrieb Tomasz Pluskiewicz:
> I agree too. The only issue with my heracles library [1] was handling
> Hydra in RDF-agnostics way. For now I'm pulling in rdf-ext to work at
> triple level and that way I'm also handling any RDF serialization. Does
> it count as framework-agnostic? ;)
>
> I think that a Hydra client should be aware of RDF anyway. The only
> requirement is that it's transparent to a consumer uninterested.
>
> Would you guys agree?

Yes, not only RDF agnostic also protocol agnostic. I'm thinking of
IoT/WoT with CoAP [1].

To be protocol agnostic, a state of the art API for doing request should
be used. That would be Fetch [2]. I don't know if there is an existing
CoAP implementation, but I expect there will be one in the future.

To be RDF agnostic, a state of the art parser and serializer API should
be used. The RDFJS Representation Task Force [3] is working on such a
spec and all well known libraries will support it.

Working on the triple level is difficult. A JSON-LD structure or JSON-LD
like structure would be nice. SimpleRDF [4] handles that problem. It's
based on RDF-Ext and will support the RDFJS spec when implementations
are available.

The result is hydra-fetch [5]. If you look at the example [6] it's even
possible to attach the methods (.get and .put) into the response
structures. It needs better examples and documentation, but because of
the discussion I thought it's time to publish it, so people understand
what I'm talking about :-)

If we build a generic UI I would vote for Web Components. I tried
Angular (and wasn't happy with it), I used React for some projects, but
from my point of view only Web Components gets the idea of the Web.

bergi

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constrained_Application_Protocol
[2] https://streams.spec.whatwg.org/
[3] https://github.com/rdfjs/representation-task-force