Re: Filters as views (ISSUE-45)

Sorry if I added confusion to the debate;
I must admit that I joined the group quite recently and have not followed
all the discussions.

Ruben, indeed, I didn't realize that you were abandonning your original
position, and chose to follow Markus' "views everywhere" path. Keeping that
in mind, I read again your definition:

– A collection is a set of members that somehow logically belong together.
– A view is a subset of those members of a collection that satisfy a
particular condition.
(...)

Could you precisely define what is a "member"?
Because I can see two ways of defining them, which I think are exclusive...

- a member of a collection is a resource linked to it by the hydra:member
property
- a member of a collection is a resource whose representation is included
in the collection's representation

The first definition seems very clear to me, but I suspect you won't agree
with it, as
1/ it contradicts your implication that views are collections (indeed, a
page has no member according to this definitions, as the items are not
linked to the page)
2/ it contradicts the TPF specification, in which hydra:member i not used
(in fact, the word "member" is never used once in this spec ;-)

The second definition is too sloppy. In this definition, how would you
*not* infer that the first page, mentionned in the representation of the
collection, is not one of its member (or, conversely, that the collection
is not a member of the page)??

Would you have a better definition of "member" to propose?