Re: Filters as views (ISSUE-45)

Hi Markus

I like it in general.

I'm just a bit uneasy about multiple PartialCollectionViews, each with
it's own totalItems. I think that there should only be one such view in
a response. In my opinion, if GETting /markus/friends?first=Ruben
redirects (or uses Content-Location header) than the view is actually
the first page and not the initial target.

Also I'm not sure about mixing both ViewTemplate and View on single
`view` property.

I'm thinking about a more general term instead of PartialCollectionView
on the grounds that views don't necessarily apply only to collections.
Would View and PartialView be enough? The former in cases where the
representation is complete but for example translated. The latter for
filtered collections and abridged representations alike (such as when
limiting the number of properties included).

Lastly, I think that the filterSpecification will have to be discussed
in detail separately and must not hold us back from agreeing upon the
general view structure. Is it possible the we leave the filters a bit
underspecified and resolve views first?

Actually I raised more suggestion that I'd initially intended. Would you
like me to write them down on the wiki in similar fashion?

Regards,
Tom