RE: Client POC

On 25 Jan 2016 at 20:39, Karol SzczepaƄski wrote:
> It took me some time, but finally I was able to introduce few features and
> improvements for the client POC that I committed several months ago.

Cool. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

> In general it's mostly about introducing RDF lists and resource collections
> (previously only literals were supported).
>
> To summarize:
>
> - the API documentation is still not fully hydra compliant, i.e. I'm still
> hesitate to use collections - I will have different data models for data
> types and operations (operation may return Collection, but range for a
> property isn't supposed to be a Collection - I think). Actually I was

Why not?

> wondering how it should be implemented correctly - if the API documentation
> says that an operation returns a collection, should I put it also in the
> operation response?

Yes

> I prefer not to have these elements in the data payload
> as it would mean additional graph processing to get rid of any non data
> related resources before presenting

Not sure I follow. Is the question whether a response should return a collection when an operation's description says that it returns a collection? The answer would be yes. If you don't want to return a collection, why would you tell a client that you do?

> - Hydra is somehow ignorant when it comes to RDF lists - I'm denoting that
> an operation or a property is an RDF list by using an OWL'ish "strongly
> typed" RDF list inherited class (some restrictions etc.). I acknowledge RDF
> lists as somehow a separate beings as from RDF point of view it's a
> different beast

Sure. Hydra is "ignorant" about a lot of things. What would you like it to support?

> - There are few things missing that might cope in handy; i.e. hot to denote
> a display name property

hydra:title?

> PS. Markus, is your PHP JSON-LD processor fixed? It didn't accept @type in
> literals and it prevents me from testing my API documentation generator with
> your console.

Yes, that should have been fixed for a while. Let me know if it still doesn't work.