RE: Hydra examples for describing APIs

Hi Michael,

On Wednesday, August 24, 2016 3:45 PM, Michael Marth wrote:
> I am new in this community – my name is Michael Marth. I work for
> Adobe Systems in engineering.

Welcome on the list.

> I have an existing hypermedia API that I would like to formally
> describe with Hydra. My primary aim is to generate human readable
> documentation out of that formal description in Hydra. But I expect
> other cases later as well. The API is still private at this point, but
> to give you some idea: it mainly defines link relations between
> resources and a couple of custom mime-types. The payload is serialised
> in JSON-LD.

Apart from the currently missing support for custom mime-types this seems like a great fit for Hydra.

> Studying the docs I believe that Hydra would be well suited for what I
> aim for. However, what I am looking for are some examples to learn
> from. So far,  I have found the Restbucks example [1]. Are there any
> other examples out there that I could look into?

Unfortunately we are spread a bit thin on examples at the moment and the ones we have are not fully up to date. Have you seen the issue tracker demo API or the events API?

  http://bit.ly/hydra-api-demo
  http://bit.ly/hydra-console-event-api

Do you have specific questions already or do you just want to see it in action?