RE: Pagination design finalized - ISSUE-42 resolved

On 28 Okt 2015 at 13:16, Ruben Verborgh wrote:
>> Should we briefly discuss how to restructure the spec before we start
>> writing this? We currently have four resolved issues [1] that haven't
been
>> integrated in the spec yet. I think this would be a good moment to
briefly
>> reflect on the overall structure of the spec.
>
> Yes, exactly. Perhaps we should do all of this in a major rewrite of the
spec.

>> If you agree, I'll try to get some basic structure laid out till the
weekend

> That would be great.
> In particular, I'd love to see a division between
> application state, resource state, and API description.

OK, that matches what I had in mind (we discussed this already quite a while
ago so that isn't too surprising).

>> The alternative would be to simply
>> update the collections [2] section and rethink the overall structure at a
>> later point.
>
> Can we maybe already fix the biggest inconsistencies,
> like the names of the first/next/previous/last properties?
> This takes less than an hour, but would avoid diverging implementations.

I just updated the spec [1] to the new pagination design. I didn't
incorporate the changes around hydra:manages yet.

> Also, now that paging is decided,
> I should think about making a test suite for the TPF spec.

That would be cool and could act as a template for a future Hydra test
suite. Could you perhaps briefly describe in a separate thread what you have
in mind?

[1]
https://github.com/HydraCG/Specifications/commit/225aa5117cae27550dc3acfe957
323f46ae3e0f6