RE: Specs defining Collection and Paging (former: Pagination - let's finalize the collection design (ISSUE-42))

On Tuesday, October 13, 2015 12:24 PM, Robert Sanderson wrote:
> The Annotation WG will not use the Triple Pattern Fragments as there's
> nothing normative to refer to.

Well, I guess there's nothing we can do about this at this stage.

> Without the context, it is impossible to know whether the array for
> "member" is an rdf:List or just a set of triples with the same
> predicate.

Without which context? The JSON-LD context?

> We have requirements for per item ordering, in every page,
> without needing the client to re-order the items based on some
> property value. The construction quoted below would either:
>
> 1.  Not fulfill those requirements, if member is a partial set when
> retrieving each page
> 2.  Be incorrect, if member is a different rdf:List instance when
> retrieving each page

So you prefer to attach the items to a page instead of the collection itself?

Btw. rdf:List is not the only way to serialize a list. There also exists the Ordered List Ontology [1] for instance.

[1] http://smiy.sourceforge.net/olo/spec/orderedlistontology.html