Re: Pagination - let's finalize the collection design (ISSUE-42)

October 13 2015 10:22 AM, "elf Pavlik" <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org> wrote:
> On 10/12/2015 08:41 PM, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
>
>> On Monday, October 12, 2015 5:44 PM, John Walker wrote:
>>> Isn't there already a vocab for this:
>>> http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml/vocab
>>>
>>> Defines first, next, prev, last...
>>
>> These concepts are very general so they probably exist in many vocabularies.
>
> They also exist as registered IANA Link Relations
> https://github.com/mnot/I-D/issues/39#issuecomment-140694418
>
> Most developers not comfortable with RDF would IMO stick to JSON-LD
> where context could hide dependency on multiple vocabularies. People
> using turle shouldn't have problem with hydra:view but link:next

Oh my, I see what Markus fears. It is certainly possible to combine all sorts of external vocabs and create a Franken-Hydra.

But that said they are out there for reuse, provided that they don't introduce some fancy semantics. And I agree non-RDF people would not even notice, when URIs are hidden in @context. And those familiar with RDF, would they have any problem with reusing terms from other vocabularies?

Tom