From: Kingsley Idehen
Sent: Wednesday, October 7, 2015 7:20 PM
To: public-hydra@w3.org
Subject: Re: the necessity of describing responses in-band

On 10/6/15 8:17 AM, Ruben Verborgh wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I've written a blog post that describes the necessity
> of describing responses in-band:
>     http://ruben.verborgh.org/blog/2015/10/06/turtles-all-the-way-down/
>
> More than an argument for REST/hypermedia,
> it's an explanation of _how_ we should realize that
> with RDF-enabled representations.
>
> In this context, the Hydra Core Vocabulary is a major enabler,
> because it lets us describe hypermedia controls in RDF.
>
> Best,
>
> Ruben

Yes.

Has anyone built an JS based client that leverages Hydra as a mechanism
for building dynamic API exerciser consoles.

[1] http://developers.facebook.com/tools/explorer  -- a nice example of
the kind of client could be produced for any API described using terms
from Hydra
[2] http://petstore.swagger.io -- most APIs are described using Swagger
these days, so Hydra-ting those will have dual benefits.

--
Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO