Re: Hydra Design Goals: How important is RDF?

October 1 2015 11:50 AM, "Ruben Verborgh" <ruben.verborgh@ugent.be> wrote:

>> Because of this, I think it's important to state this nice-to-have
>> status of RDF as a design goal, since from what I've gathered so far
>> from the discussions on this list, this isn't necessarily something
>> everyone is in agreement with.
>
> RDF is a means, not a goal.
> RDF enables self-descriptiveness, which is a goal.

I really like this statement. Great summary of your reply. Sure, Hydra should be accessible to people without intimate knowledge of the Semantic Web but at the same time we should emphasize the fact that RDF is the underlying technology that makes self-descriptiveness possible.

A lot of people coming to Hydra are new to RDF but that doesn't mean that they have to stay that way. I think that this list has proven an invaluable tool for introducing people to the Semantic Web