Re: Collection (hydra:manage, hydra:property and void:classPartition)

Am 28.11.2015 22:12 schrieb elf Pavlik <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>:

> Hello,
>
> https://www.w3.org/community/hydra/wiki/Collection_Design
>
> Wiki page above proposes a way to group resources which all have given
> relation to some resource. I wonder if we could find a way to use it
> together with void:classPartition.
>
> For example collection
>
> {
>   "@id": "/alice",
>   "collection": {
>     "@id": "/alice/featured",
>     "@type": "Collection",
>     "manages": {
>       "property": "schema:about",
>       "object": "/alice"
>     }
>   }
> }
>
> schema:about schema:domainIncludes schema:CreativeWork
>
> Now I would like to have more specific collections (partitions) for more
> specific types of CreativeWork - Article, Movie, Book, Review etc.
>
> /alice/featured/articles
> /alice/featured/movies
> /alice/featured/books
>
> Can we consider hydra:Collection also a void:Dataset? void:subset of the
> whole Dataset exposed by given API. Maybe we could simply use
> void:classPartition directly on hydra:Collection?

The three subordinate resources are resources of their own. Normally UriTemplate is for this kind of URL space.
If we had something like "allowedLiteral" [1] or "sh:in", one could add an IriTemplate to the collection with a variable for the last path segment. The last path segment could then be restricted to values for the kind of media.

With void:classPartition, how would you tell the client about the URLs of the subordinate resources?

[1] https://github.com/HydraCG/Specifications/issues/82

Best regards,
Dietrich