RE: what's the subject?

On 14 Mrz 2015 at 19:41, Tomasz Pluskiewicz wrote:
> On 2015-03-13 18:44, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
>>
>> Shouldn't the graph be about the resource that was used to retrieve it?
In
>> other words, doesn't the URL tell you what the main resource is? I do
>> understand that hash URLs etc. complicate this.
>>

> Hash or not I think it is a real issue. Another example is when a
> representation is split across multiple urls. Think </bob>, which returns
>
> </bob> a foaf:Person ; foaf:givenName "Bob" .
>
> and </bob/friends> which returns

> This is especially true for anyone trying to enhance existing JSON API
> so that it becomes JSON-LD: The requested URL </bob/friends> does not
> have to be an actual resource identifier but merely an address for
> additional data about </bob>. This is how many APIs are structured and
> it is indeed an obstacle with RDF Linked Data where we struggle to make
> each URL an identifier.

I see. I'm not sure though Hydra is the right place to define such a
property. Are you aware of the related discussions in Schema.org land?
schema:mainEntity, see

  https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/issues/301

What we could do, if this proposal gets accepted and people think it would
be useful, is to include an example explaining it to our spec.