RE: forthcoming new feature specs for LDF

On 2 Jul 2015 at 14:38, Ruben Verborgh wrote:
> Instead, we aim to implement the Linked Data Fragments idea [2]
> by defining *features* data publishers can choose from.
> They indicate their choices using the Hydra Core Vocabulary [3].
> For example, an API communicates to a client:
>     "you can query by triple pattern" and/or it says "you can do
>     full-text searches"
> Clients then use whichever features both they and the server support.

Do you intend to make some features required to define a least common
denominator between clients and servers?

> We have been working on two such features,
> which we would like to spec within the Hydra Community Group.
> One feature is substring search [4], allowing clients to match literals.
> This lets us evaluate SPARQL queries with FILTERs much faster,
> at the expense of a slightly more complex index on the server.
> Another feature is approximate membership metadata [5],
> which lets clients evaluate queries with lots of checks faster.
> Both have been accepted as ISWC2015 research track papers [4,5].

Another nice weekend read. Could you please share a direct link to the
papers themselves as well?

> If the group agrees, we would write a short spec for each of them.
> That way, server implementers know how to offer such an interface.
> Data publishers can pick any combination of features they want to support.
> This leads to APIs that are built from the bottom up,
> composed of smaller building blocks that clients can recognize [6].
>
> Please let us know your thoughts about this.
> We'd love to start spec'ing this stuff ;-)

How do you intend to spec it? Would this replace the TPF spec? Or would
there be two additional specs?

Thanks,
Markus