RE: From zero to Hydra hero

Hi Adrian,

On 19 Jan 2015 at 20:15, Adrian Gschwend wrote:
> After postponing the project way too long I finally red the Hydra specs.
> My first goal is to craft a Turtle sample which defines an API for
> creating an address book like service. Which means create/update/delete
> entries in the address book using foaf&vcard or schema.org vocab.

Great!

> I've read quite some W3C specs but I have to say that I'm more confused
> than anything else after reading the current document.

Not so great :-)

There's also an event management API: http://bit.ly/hydra-console-event-api

> I ask because
> the ticketing system does not make any sense to me when I transform that
> to Turtle, see for example the entry point:
>
> http://pastebin.com/XtEufLQw

Don't ignore the HTTP headers. There's a Link header which points to the Hydra ApiDocumentation (the file is called vocab - which should probably be changed).

> I also checked Rubens LD Fragments API but that confused me as well
> because I somehow expected to see IriTemplates but I can't find any in
> the entry point of the API.
>
> If this was it, I will follow up with more specific questions.

Looking forward to your questions. You may also have a look at issues which have been resolved but not closed yet because the spec hasn't been updated yet:

  http://bit.ly/hydra-resolved-issues