Re: How to express dereferenceability? (ISSUE-91)

From: Ruben Verborgh <ruben.verborgh@ugent.be>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 16:13:30 +0100
Cc: Kjetil Kjernsmo <kjetil@kjernsmo.net>
To: Hydra <public-hydra@w3.org>
> 	 Is being dereferenceable a characteristic (I hesitate to say "property" as that's a somewhat loaded term) of the URI or the resource that URI identifies?

That's a crucial issue IMHO.
Following the RDF spec, the properties/objects we add
are characteristics of the underlying resource,
not of the IRI by which its happens to be referred.

As such, I think both proposed solutions
(hydra:Resource / hydra:dereferenceable)
are in conflict with the RDF spec.

Note BTW that I personally don't agree
that a server should express dereferenceability:
- the server doesn't know what the client wants to do
- the client can deference easily anyway
However, I launched this issue because others think differently.

Best,