Re: remove hydra:Link (branched from remove hydra:Resource and hydra:Class)

Hi Gregg

> On January 14, 2015 at 2:33 AM Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.net> wrote:
>

> > On Jan 12, 2015, at 9:57 AM, Tomasz Pluskiewicz <tomasz@t-code.pl> wrote:
> >
> > John,
> >
> > I think I see your point here. The general use case is that Link header
> > given clients access to the ApiDocumentation. It's general structure is
> >
> > ApiDocumentation
> > SupportedClasses
> > SupportedProperties
> > Operations.
> >
> > So what about hydra:Link? Dereferencing is not an option for 3rd party
> > vocabularies and I agree with John's reluctance for subclassing. Maybe GET
> > operation should always be used instead. Be it inline or declared in
> > SupportedProperty's definition?
>
> I think hydra:Link is quite useful, and supplementing a vocabulary definition
> within ApiDocumentation to say that, say, schema:url has the type hydra:Link
> is pretty minimal, if you consider that ApiDocumentation doesn't make
> universal claims, but only for this particular API.

Doesn't this largely depend on a decision about the hydra:Resource class? In
that (even though it's not explicit in the Hydra Core vocab from what I see) the
rdfs:range of a hydra:Link is hydra:Resource. W/out the hydra:Resource class,
what does hydra:Link add that is not already covered by rdf:Property or
owl:ObjectProperty?

John