Correction: remove hydra:Resource and hydra:Class (ISSUE-90)

On 1/13/15 7:24 AM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> On 1/12/15 6:35 PM, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
>> Wow.. I missed quite some fun during the last couple of days :-) Great
>> discussions. I'll try to summarize the points I found most
>> interesting/important by quoting various things and commenting a few of
>> them. Unfortunately, the mail got quite long due to that.
>>
>> tl;dr
>> I'm skeptical about removing this concepts. For me, the distinction
>> between
>> an identifier and a hyperlink is a quite important one.
>
> A hyperlink (e.g., HTTP URI) is just a kind of identifier (naming
> mechanism) for entity identification. That's fundamental, in regards
> to Web Architecture. Look closely are <link/>, "Link:", and various
> notations associated with RDF, in all cases you are looking at
> different the representation of different kinds of entity
> relationships facilitated by a predicate/property/relation.
>
> <link rel="{some-relation} .../> is how this is achieved in HTML.
> Basically, @rel indicates Relation, and the &href indicates the HTTP
> URI that identifies the relation.

Ooops!

Should have said:

A hyperlink (e.g., HTTP URI) is just a kind of identifier (naming
mechanism) for entity identification. That's fundamental, in regards to
Web Architecture. Look closely are <link/>, "Link:", and various
notations associated with RDF, in all cases you are looking at different
representations of entity relationships types facilitated by a
predicate/property/relation.

<link rel="{some-relation} .../> is how this is achieved in HTML.
Basically, @rel indicates Relation, and the {some-relation} indicates
the relation identifier (be it IANA registered relations or others
identified by HTTP URIs).

--
Regards,

Kingsley Idehen