Re: remove hydra:Resource and hydra:Class

On 1/10/15 4:42 AM, Ruben Verborgh wrote:
> Hi John,

>> >I think to mark that from the perspective of the publisher that it could be dereferenced.
>> >Just thinking about things like XML schema references, these often refer to the URI of the schema, but it is not intended to dereference these links.
> Note that those are two different things: being dereferenceable,
> and suggesting an intent to dereference something.

+1

Names are always interpretable by definition, hence their inherent
ability to provide denotation (signification) and connotation
(description).

Each of the following identify (denote and connote) entities (things)
that could the be the subject, predicate, or object of an RDF statement:

• file:{doc}:uriReferent
• http://<cname>/doc#uriReferent

How these names are interpreted (resolved to connotation) is a function
of the naming mechanism (in this case URI scheme), which is why HTTP URI
based names are so useful re., HTTP networks i.e., you have name =>
description document resolution baked in.

This is why Linked Data boils down to:

1. Naming entities (things)
2. Using HTTP URI based Names
3. Providing useful information in the docs to which HTTP URIs resolve
-- e.g., an entity description using RDF statements, in your preferred
notation
4. In your entity description document, refer to other entities using
their HTTP URIs -- net effect, your Data Web is extended.

Links:

[1]
http://bit.ly/evidence-that-the-world-wide-web-was-based-on-linked-data-from-inception
.