Re: Enumeration values

Just to chime in - I agree also.

I've implemented the 'oslc:allowedValue' system from Resource Shape 2.0 [1]
in the AngularJS Hydra client [2]. It's a stop gap solution as I needed
something working in a hurry for Data Unity. I went with OSLC as it was
quick to understand and implement, but I'm very open minded about other
solutions.

One of the issues I've found with 'oslc:allowedValue' is that I can't find
a way to specify a label for an RDF literal 'enum' value. This means the
label in the HTML option list matches the literal value used in the vocab,
which isn't always easily understood by the user. This could well be down
to my lack of understanding about OSLC though.

I've only put 'oslc:allowedValue' directly on the resource representation
at this stage, so I haven't figured out how to integrate it closely with
Hydra. The AngularJS Hydra client looks for OSLC information on the
Resource when building the Form view, then uses it to populate HTML drop
downs on the page.

Cheers,

Kev

[1] http://www.w3.org/Submission/2014/SUBM-shapes-20140211/