Re: `void :triples` redefined to be an estimate (#89)

From: Ruben Verborgh <ruben.verborgh@ugent.be>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 13:01:35 +0100
Cc: Hydra <public-hydra@w3.org>
To: Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>
>> I got a verbal confirmation of Richard Cyganiak, co-author of VoID,
>> that "void:triples was never meant to be an exact number".
>> But of course, if that's not what the spec says, we should be careful.
>
> Is there something we can point to? Even if it's just a post on some mailing
> list?

Turns out we're totally covered, as pointed out to me by Richard:

"As a general rule, statistics in VoID can always be provided as approximate numbers.
http://www.w3.org/TR/void/#statistics

I think that #89 can thus be closed,
and I would suggest to proceed with void:triples in the TPF spec for approximations
(but perhaps additionally recommend a Hydra predicate).

Best,