RE: Do we want to capitalize datatypes such as hydra:rfc6570Template? (ISSUE-17)

On 6 Jan 2015 at 10:23, Ruben Verborgh wrote:
> On Monday, January 05, 2015 10:15 PM, John Walker wrote:
>> Hi Markus,
>>
>> Looking at the XML Schema built-in datatypes [1] there are a few
>> exceptions to the initial lowercase rule like xsd:NMTOKEN, xsd:Name
>> and xsd:NCName.

Right, that's why I emphasized "*most* XSD..."

>  No strong preference from me, but whatever is decided
>> *should* be applied consistently.

Ditto. Personally, I find uppercasing datatypes more consistent.

>> Would say hydra:RFC6570Template is also a viable option in this case.
>
> If it needs to start with a capital, then definitely "RFC" instead of
"Rfc".
> But whether it is lowercase or uppercase, I don't mind.

Hmm... That would make it inconsistent with the capitalization of
IriTemplate and ApiDocumentation. The reason why I chose that capitalization
is that I find all-uppercase much more difficult to read on a screen:
IRITemplate vs. IriTemplate and APIDocumentation vs. ApiDocumentation. So,
my favorite would be Rfc6570Template but I could live with rfc6570Template
if the group prefers that.

>> One comment is that the Schema.org datatypes are all classes and
>> following 'normal' naming conventions applied there have initial caps.
>> Side note is as I read it are all of these stated to be a subclass of
>> the schema:Datatype class, which would imply the value "true" has type
>> schema:Datatype which seems a bit strange, would  make more sense to
>> me for schema:Datatype to be a class of datatypes (i.e. schema:Boolean
>> is a schema:Datatype).

Good catch. This is probably worth reporting at

  https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/issues