Re: What can we agree on? (ISSUE-42)

Hi Dietrich,

> On February 24, 2015 at 6:33 AM Dietrich Schulten <ds@escalon.de> wrote:
>
>  Hi John,
>
>  in order to get a list where ordering is significant in rdf, you need to use
> @list in json-ld.

I didn't want to get into the Details of how this could be achieved yet, just
get an idea of if there is a broader recognition that this idea of ordering is
needed.

The schema:ItemList [1] gives another way of ordering things, where intermediate
schema:ListItem resources can be used to give some notion of order to the items
in the list without having to specify the position on the referenced resource.
This allowing a resource to be in multiple lists in different positions.

>  Cheers, Dietrich
>
>  Am 23. Februar 2015 23:29:03 schrieb <john.walker@semaku.com>:
>
>    > >    Hi Markus,
> >
> >    In some cases it may also be useful to express an order between the
> > members of a collection as I think in many use cases the order is
> > significant.
> >    Note that I’m not talking about the order being significant in a
> > particular serialization (e.g. JSON or XML), but that the order should be
> > preserved even when looking at the abstract RDF graph (e.g. as an rdf:List
> > or rdf:Seq).
> >
> >    Also I don’t say it is necessary that the order be given for the entire
> > collection, it may just be an order expressed for the members of a single
> > page in a collection.
> >
> >    John
> >  >

 John