Re: Non-trivial trading flows with schema.org

Hi,

Am 19. Februar 2015 11:41:39 schrieb Melvin Carvalho
<melvincarvalho@gmail.com>:

> On 19 February 2015 at 11:38, Dietrich Schulten <ds@escalon.de> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have started to implement a "restbucks" coffee shop with hydra, hoping I
> > could use schema.org.
> >
> > The results are not so encouraging so far, especially when it comes to
> > interactions. On https://lists.w3.org/Archives/
> > Public/public-vocabs/2015Feb/0092.html I have asked how it should work
> > with schema:potentialActions, but I have similar problems with
> > hydra:Operation. The necessary properties are simply not there, where I
> > could attach my operations.
> >
> > Is anyone interested in discussing this here with the focus on
> > hydra:operation?
> >

> what are restbucks?

A Starbucks coffee shop, only as a restful service. Originally conceived by
Gregor Hohpe to discuss business interaction without db transactions,
Webber picked up and showed how rest clients can use links not just for
crud operations, but for application states.

> I've been working with crypto currencies, REST and linked data for almost
> 10 years now.  I'd never thought to use hydra : Operation, that's an
> interesting idea.  Could you explain more?

Not only give the client a link, but also tell it what to do with it.
Options should always work, but a media type can hint the client what to
send as a request body, what http method to use etc.

I'll give an example later.