RE: REST Hydra/JSON-LD examples

Hi,

On Sunday, December 13, 2015 12:25 PM, techbird wrote:
> Forgive me if this has been asked before.

Kinsgley asked a similar question two days ago so let me answer both of you :-)

>  Are there any good working
> examples of either JSON-LD, or Hydra being used in a RESTful API?  I
> wanted to talk through the use of the vocabularies with REST API
> design with some of my colleagues.  It would really help them, if I
> could show and talk through real examples.  Previously, I did
> reference https://web-payments.org/specs/source/web-payments/ PaySwarm
> - are there any other examples?

When it comes to JSON-LD I tried to maintain a list at

  https://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.org/wiki/Users-of-JSON-LD

The list is very incomplete at this point but should give you some good starting points. DPLA for instance built the API on top of JSON-LD.

Given the current development state of Hydra the situation looks obviously quite different. There are various people working on implementations but, apart from all the great LDF work that Ruben & Co. did (and which exposes thousands of datasets as Hydra-powered APIs), there are mostly just demos and prototypes available. Have you already seen the demo Event API?

  http://bit.ly/hydra-console-event-api

HTH,