Re: What is the correct media-type for a Hydra specification?

hello dietrich.

On 2015-04-18 11:03, Dietrich Schulten wrote:
> A server which supports RDF-based resources can express possible restful
> interactions in at least three ways (I know of):
> - LDP (mainly for CRUD-style interaction)
> - Schema.org actions
> - Hydra
> As a client, how can I request an interaction style I support? As a
> server, how can I avoid to lump all representations into my responses to
> make sure every RDF client understands me?

thanks, that's exactly the point i am trying to make. if the media type
only signals the metamodel (and maybe the serialization of it, but
that's a different issue), but the represented domain model is hidden
from the uniform interface, you lose the ability to talk about it.
that's unfortunate, and the main reason why REST asks for resources to
be self-describing. and that means in terms of domain models in the
uniform interface, so that interactions can be built around exposing
those, and acting on them.

thanks again and cheers,

dret.

--
erik wilde | mailto:dret@berkeley.edu  -  tel:+1-510-2061079 |
            | UC Berkeley  -  School of Information (ISchool) |