Re: What is the correct media-type for a Hydra specification?

Hi

I'd like to disagree. I've never really understood the notion of media types in the context of RDF data. At least not for specific vocabularies. You already do have them defined for RDF serializations eg. application/rdf+xml, text/turtle or application/ld+json. Would  you now start adding hydra profiles to each of the serialization-specific media types? I don't think so.

It has been rightly pointed out that RDF (Linked Data) world does not need media types, because the semantics are inherently defined by the data itself through relations and rdf types. And so hydra API can be negotiated so that they return Turtle, RDF/XML, JSON-LD or anything else depending on the client's capabilities/preferences while still retaining the full semantic description of the data.

This IMO is a great benefit over traditional RESTful APIs, which usually stick to a single serialization format (JSON nowadays) or otherwise must define the hypermedia controls separately for each supported serialization. RDF is superior through separation of the two concerns: syntax and semantics.

Regards,
Tom