Re: What is the correct media-type for a Hydra specification?

hello jonathan.

On 2015-04-13 23:35, Robie, Jonathan wrote:
> I'm asking this context in the context of RADL (RESTful API Description
> Language). RADL documents the media types that are used in an API, and I
> wanted to distinguish Hydra from LD-JSON with a separate media type
> entry in the RADL description.  If there is no specific media type, I
> should simply document that I'm using the ld-json media type for Hydra
> documents, but it feels like a specific media type would be helpful.

for what it's worth, application/ld-json has a profile media type
parameter so that you could still be as descriptive as you want to be:

http://www.w3.org/TR/json-ld/#iana-considerations

there could be a profile URI identifying hydra, and then using that in
the profile media type parameter would expose the fact that this
specific JSON-LD is serialized hydra.

the pitfall here is that unlike XML, RDF vocabularies are not in the
habit of identifying itself through one single URI. if they did,
profiles could be useful. maybe that's something to add to hydra, since
it's still under construction?

cheers,

dret.

--
erik wilde | mailto:dret@berkeley.edu  -  tel:+1-510-2061079 |
            | UC Berkeley  -  School of Information (ISchool) |