Re: What is the correct media-type for a Hydra specification?

Hi,

I was just wondering, what are additional benefits of having a specific
media type in this case?

Is it to make the semantics more explicit? If I understand correct,
currently, the triple "<http://.../myApi> <
http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type> <
http://www.w3.org/ns/hydra/core#ApiDocumentation> . " in the content of the
documentation serves for that purpose. Are there advantages expressing that
using a media type [ instead of / in addition to] the semantics expressed
in the content?

One hypothetical scenario I could think of is that if Hydra evolved to have
two versions and if an API supports both versions, a client can request the
version that it prefers using the content negotiation.

GET /hydra/doc
Accept: application/vnd.ex.hydra.v2.ld+json

But the same thing can be done with alternative ways too, for example,
having a different relations in the Link header in the discovery phase for
different versions.

To answer your question, as far as I know (as a newbie), there is no
specific media type defined for hydra api
documentation. 'application/ld+json' and the content says it is an
ApiDocumentation using rdf:type. But I would be interested to know where
you are coming from?

Best Regards,
Nandana