Re: query language

On 9/10/14 1:56 PM, László Lajos Jánszky wrote:
>> That's not to say I don't want users to not query my data, but rather I want to control what they can query.
> We are talking about the exact same thing: How to describe the query
> parameters and appliable condition structures which can be used to
> build, validate and process an ad-hoc query... We need standards for
> this if we want to support search in REST APIs...

There are existing open standards (real or de facto) for:

1. denotation -- URIs
2. identification / naming -- HTTP URIs
3. structured data representation -- XML, JSON, HTML, CSV, TURTLE, ASN.1
etc..
4. authentication - WebID-TLS, TLS, OpenID, OAuth
5. incorporating machine and human comprehensible relationship types
(relations) logic into structured data representation -- RDF
6. resource access controls and policies - Web ACLS
7. querying -- SPARQL and SPARQL-FED
8. read-write interactions -- LDP .

A lot on a platter for reuse :)

Related: