Re: query language

hello ruben.

On 2014-09-10, 10:33 , Ruben Verborgh wrote:
>> what link descriptions also are supposed to do is to describe data types
> Hydra does that too; by re-using existing properties and Linked Data practices.
> The idea is that http://example.com/feedpaging/page would deference to the following information:
>      <http://example.com/feedpaging/page> rdfs:range xsd:positiveInteger.
> Thereby, http://example.com/feedpaging/page is a positive integer, everywhere.

that's assuming that the "property" property (sorry for that) is defined
to be a link (that you have to follow to get type information) instead
of an identifier. that's possible, but makes things more chatty. if
that's what you want to do, the model has to be explicit that this is a
link and not an identifier. right now i think this is not mentioned in
the spec.

>>   and value ranges.
> That's not supported at the moment.
>>       "xs:minInclusive": "1",
>>       "xs:maxInclusive": "42",
> Something like this might maybe be part of Hydra if there is demand for it. Opinions?

just fyi: this is runtime information instead of design time, or let's
rather say that it can be both (which was our main motivation to use
it). the value ranges depend on resource state and are hints only
(because resource state may change between the client getting the link
description, and constructing and requesting a URI), but they can be
very useful for clients to avoid invalid requests.

cheers,

dret.

--
erik wilde | mailto:dret@berkeley.edu  -  tel:+1-510-2061079 |
            | UC Berkeley  -  School of Information (ISchool) |