Re: DBpedia now available as triple pattern fragments

On 10/30/14 3:19 PM, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
> comparing
>> >
>> >The utility of that serves what purpose?
> ... to be able to compare the uptime of the SPARQL endpoint and the TPF
> server.

And the uptime means what?

My point is simple, we can head down an nonconstructive path of
comparing "Apples" and "Oranges", or we can begin to understand and
appreciate the complimentary nature of LD Fragments in regards to Linked
Open Data deployment.

I say "Apples" vs "Oranges" because that's like trying to compare
ODBC/JDBC API access and generic SQL access to a SQL RDBMS, in regards
to some notion of "uptime" on a publicly accessible network. In fact,
even that isn't quite accurate, in the context of the Web, but its the
closest technical anecdote we have right now.

I can assure you that all is not what it seems in regards to what
"uptime" means, and how it is achieved. Creating the illusion of 99.99%
uptime isn't an issue here, but that's what I sense you are referring
to, based on your recycling of fundamental misconceptions about this
matter.

Links:

[1]
http://www.slideshare.net/RubenVerborgh/querying-datasets-on-the-web-with-high-availability/9
-- is sorta accurate (since "low availability" and "predictable
availability" do not refer to the same thing)

[2] http://sparqles.okfn.org/endpoint/http%3A%2F%2Fdbpedia.org%2Fsparql
-- DBpedia main endpoint

[3]
http://sparqles.okfn.org/endpoint/http%3A%2F%2Feudbpedia.deusto.es%2Fsparql
-- DBpedia Basque

[4]
http://sparqles.okfn.org/endpoint/http%3A%2F%2Fnl.dbpedia.org%2Fsparql
-- DBpedia Dutch

[5]
http://sparqles.okfn.org/endpoint/http%3A%2F%2Fnl.dbpedia.org%2Fsparql
-- DBpedia French

[6]
http://sparqles.okfn.org/endpoint/http%3A%2F%2Fde.dbpedia.org%2Fsparql
-- DBpedia German

[7]
http://sparqles.okfn.org/endpoint/http%3A%2F%2Fel.dbpedia.org%2Fsparql
-- DBpedia Greek

[9]
http://sparqles.okfn.org/endpoint/http%3A%2F%2Fpt.dbpedia.org%2Fsparql
-- DBpedia Portuguese

[10]
http://sparqles.okfn.org/endpoint/http%3A%2F%2Flive.dbpedia.org%2Fsparql
-- DBpedia Live (hosted in Leipzig; and different from ours, which is
unlisted by this service) .

--
Regards,

Kingsley Idehen