Re: Pre-release of my partial TPF implementation

On Wednesday 15. October 2014 11.47.33 Markus Lanthaler wrote:
> > My TPF implementation has a 45 subtest test suite, which passes for me,
> > passes in Travis CI, but still has some problems on FreeBSD,
> > apparently.
> > But hey, I said it was a pre-release! :-)

So, I just released RDF::LinkedData 0.69_07, another pre-release, but tests
have been passing lately, so I suppose you could call it a release
candidate. :-)
https://metacpan.org/release/KJETILK/RDF-LinkedData-0.69_07

It has quite a lot of other changes too, a lighter-weight object system, new
logging system and a new totally RDF-driven packaging system too.

> Fair enough. Everything works without paging as well but you might run
> into limitations without paging.

Certainly.

> My Perl is a bit rusty but the code looks correct. The only thing I
> noticed is that the underlying RDF library is apparently still based on
> RDF 1.0 (or handles this internally) . In RDF 1.1 (language-tagged)
> strings have always have a datatype of xsd:string (rdf:langString) [2].

Yeah, that's true. RDF::Trine is 1.0 only. I don't know if we're fixing that
there, or if it is something for the new Attean framework, which is part of
Gregory Todd Williams' Semdev talk.

> > Though they aren't pretty, I tend to think that a regular expression
> > would be the way people would implementing stuff like that anyway, so
> > how about defining it in term of a regexp? Just throwing it out as an
> > idea. :-)
>
> We can certainly add a regex for, let's say Javascript, in the spec but I
> wouldn't base the definition on a regex. If we want to make it more
> formal (A)BNF is probably better.

Yeah, it might, but since this is probably the only(?) place in the spec you
need grammar, and therefore it might be overkill, and devs would probably
like a regex they could copy'n'paste better. :-)

> I personally would be fine with this release but Ruben should know best.

Cool! And thanks for the nice words, Ruben! I hope to have a release out
before Semdev! :-)

Cheers,

Kjetil