RE: First release of hydra-java for spring-hateoas in Maven central

On 13 Okt 2014 at 18:00, Dietrich Schulten wrote:
> Am 13. Oktober 2014 16:14:25 schrieb "Markus Lanthaler" :
>>>
>>> Why is that?
>>
>> Because it kind of defines new properties etc. on the fly whose semantics
>> depend on its IRI structure:
>>   http://schema.org/name -> http://schema.org/name-input
>
> I see, name-input is of course identified as http://schema.org/name-input
> in the context. Possible values however would be defined on schema:name,
> not on schema:name-input.
>
> They *can* express a request template which does not depend on the IRI
> structure, but which describes a request body.

Yeah, I know.

> But from their review POST example it also seems that a request body sent
> to an entry point has to be an Action subclass[1]. If that is in fact a
> reqirement, it would be quite unusual from a restful point of view, and
> makes it difficult to use a potentialAction for an existing ReST service
> which does not expect Action request bodies.

I haven't checked for a while but it was kind of ambiguous of what to
send/expect a while ago.

> I am really after an equivalent to html forms which allows me to tell the
> client how the request body to a POST should look like, possibly without
> forcing it to download rdf descriptions for all request body properties to
> learn about the expected values.

I have been thinking of ways to support application/x-www-form-urlencoded
requests but haven't found an elegant solution yet.