RE: First release of hydra-java for spring-hateoas in Maven central

Fantastic work Dietrich!

On 26 Sep 2014 at 23:33, Dietrich Schulten wrote:
> The first release 0.1.0 of hydra-java is in maven central.

Congratulations

> Right now it uses hydra:Collection to represent spring-hateoas
> Resources<T>, otherwise it has support for json-ld links and @context. See
> https://github.com/dschulten/hydra-java for a description what is
possible.

At the moment I guess I have just two questions:

1) What was the reasoning to make schema.org the default vocabulary? Do you
think most people will just use that or do you think it would be too much to
require developers to specify that explicitly for each package/class?

2) The README contains the following example:

    enum BusinessFunction {
        @Expose("gr:LeaseOut")
        RENT,
        @Expose("gr:Sell")
        FOR_SALE,
        @Expose("gr:Buy")
        BUY
    }

    @Term(define = "gr", as = "http://purl.org/goodrelations/v1#")
    class Offer {
        public BusinessFunction businessFunction;

This makes me wonder what the scope of term definitions is and how you
handle possible "conflicts". I would assume that in this example the term
"gr" is scoped to the Offer class and not available (yet) within the
BusinessFunction enum... but apparently that's not the case. Could you
please elaborate a bit on that?

> Operations are next on the roadmap.

Cool! Do you also plan to implement a very simple API to illustrate how this
all works in practice? Perhaps a port of the simple Event API [1] I
implemented a while ago would be interesting as we could compare our
approaches directly.

Keep up the great work,
Markus

[1] https://github.com/lanthaler/EventApiDemo