Re: Fwd: Hydra and Shapes

On 11/27/2014 8:06, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
> How do you intend to (or usually) communicate constraints which aren't
> for everyone but only for users of a particular Web API.. in other
> words, how would a client find constraints that apply only in certain
> contexts? In Hydra we solve this by sending an HTTP Link header which
> points to a hydra:ApiDocumentation that contains information which is
> intended to be used only in the context of the specific request. For
> instance the constraint that the name property is obligatory for
> instances of schema:Event applies only in a specific Web API and not
> for all instances of schema:Event on the Web.

In practice we often use named graphs to group related SPIN constraints
or rules together. An application or ontology can then owl:import
selected named graphs that it wants to use. The interactive application
logic scenario that you describe could be handled by the hydra
vocabulary, and does not have to be part of the shapes language itself IMHO.

Holger