RE: hydra and void

On 30 Okt 2014 at 17:52, Gregg Kellogg wrote:
>> On Oct 30, 2014, at 6:16 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>> So, I wonder can I say:
>>
>> <:user>  <:hasProvider> <http://example.org>
>>
>> then
>>
>> <http://example.org> <:hasAPIDocs> <URL> .

We have a hydra:apiDocumentation property that we normally use in the Link header Gregg describes below..

>> Or something like.  My use case it to integrate payments into the world
>> of linked data, if that makes any sense.
>
> Also, note the Link header which should be returned by a server
> implementing Hydra as described in 4.3:
> http://www.hydra-cg.com/spec/latest/core/#discovering-a-hydra-powered-
> web-api
>
> [[[
> EXAMPLE 11: Discovering Hydra API documentation documents
> HEAD / HTTP/1.1
> Host: www.example.com
>
> ====================================
>
> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
>
> Link: <http://api.example.com/doc/>;
> rel="http://www.w3.org/ns/hydra/core#apiDocumentation" ]]]
>
> Go to any page of the site, see the Link header response, and load the associated Hydra API
> document to understand how to interact with this, or other resources.

[...]

>> So, if I've understood correctly, there's two parts
>>
>> 1. The APIs
>> 2. The hydra API description docs
>>
>> If I find my way to (2), then the machine can work out where (1) is?

Right. You can find the API description from *every* as long as it includes the HTTP Link header Gregg described above. The hydra:ApiDocumentation can then specify the hydra:entrypoint, i.e., the "main entrypoint" of the API (analogous to the homepage of a website).

HTH,