Re: DBpedia now available as triple pattern fragments

On 11/1/14 2:59 AM, Simon Heimler wrote:
> Great and interesting project!
>
> I've been using the dbpedia SPARQL endpoint for visualization purposes
> and my personal experience was that it broke on me 10-30% of the time,
> which is huge.

Huge? Maybe, but it isn't as simple as you present. Anyway, more of
these issues will be explained in the report I am having prepared.

>   There was also that problem that when I was requesting
> JSON and an error happened, this came back as HTML, which is awful
> when working with a JSON API ;)

Are you saying, that right now, if you request a JSON-LD representation
of an entity description from DBpedia you receive HTML? If that's true,
then the cause is a re-write rule bug, in the content negotiation handler.

FWIW --  DBpedia (deployed using Virtuoso) was the very first project to
publicly implement JSON-LD support [1]. It supported JSON-LD when it was
little more than a public brainstormed idea. Please understand that many
of these issues are not as simple and presented. There's a lot more
history and underlying effort than is usually obvious.

[1] http://manu.sporny.org/2014/json-ld-origins-2/ -- see the last
paragraph of that article .

Kingsley