RE: ISSUE-45: Introduce hydra:filter (subPropertyOf hydra:search)

On Sunday, April 27, 2014 6:31 PM, Gregg Kellogg wrote:

> >> It may be that saying TemplatesLink is a subclass of Link is wrong, or
> >> that they are disjoint. It's the result of applying variable
substitution to
> >> the template which is a Link.
> >
> > Right. That's the reason why TemplatedLink is currently *not* a subclass
of
> > Link. They are both subclasses of rdf:Property.
>
> Sorr, on my iPad, and don't have the documentation in front of me. Do we
need to assert
> that they are disjoint? If they are, then I don't see how a client would
confuse the value of a
> TemplatedLink property with a Link.

No, I'm not worried about machines, I'm worried about humans making
mistakes. Declaring them as disjoint unfortunately wouldn't help much in
that regard.

> >> Yes, but I think this is pretty clear, but requires more work on the
> >> semantics of TemplatesLink, IMO.
> >
> > What's semantics is TempledLink missing?
>
> That the result of manifesting a template to an IRI after variable
substitution is a Link; I'm
> not sure how you might express this, though. Probably just claiming this
in the spec is
> sufficient.

Hmm... doesn't the term TemplatedLink clearly imply that? Do you have some
concrete wording that we could put in the spec to clarify this even further?