Re: 404 Re: Comments on the Triple Patterns Fragments draft

From: Ruben Verborgh <ruben.verborgh@ugent.be>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 23:50:52 +0200
Cc: Erik Wilde <dret@berkeley.edu>, Andreas Kuckartz <a.kuckartz@ping.de>, "public-hydra@w3.org" <public-hydra@w3.org>
To: David Booth <david@dbooth.org>
> If such a query is treated as an error, then the client code must either: (a) special-case the 404 result;

Note that it doesn't have to; recognizing the 404 would be an optimization, not a necessity.

Here you see an example implementation:
https://github.com/LinkedDataFragments/Client.js/blob/v1.0.0/lib/fragments/FragmentsClient.js#L51

Note that the if/else is optional; it does work just as fine without
(i.e. see commit 5f5f8795 where I added it; it worked before)
but it saves parsing, as the else part does only a HEAD request.