Call for consensus: Do not introduce RetrieveResourceOperation (ISSUE-5) and remove other Operation types (ISSUE-11)

From: Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 19:02:34 +0200
To: <public-hydra@w3.org>
Hello everyone,

In April [1] I sent out a mail with proposals for many of our open issues.
We had lots of discussions since then. Today I'm sending out a couple of
consensus calls for what I believe are rather uncontroversial issues and
proposals.

There have been discussions to introduce a RetrieveResourceOperation
(ISSUE-5 [2]) given that we have other predefined operation types. These
predefined operation types have, however, been a great source of confusion
(ISSUE-11 [3]). The proposal is thus to *not* introduce
RetrieveResourceOperation and accordingly to *remove*
CreateResourceOperation, DeleteResourceOperation, and
ReplaceResourceOperation. In the examples in the specification, we will
replace them with their schema.org counterparts if necessary.
If we decide to do this, we can also close ISSUE-4 [4].

This serves as a call for consensus. Before I proceed with marking the issue
as resolved and implementing the changes in the spec, I would like to ask if
anyone has any concerns or objections against this proposal.

Please submit your comments by Wednesday, July 23rd.

Thanks,
Markus

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-hydra/2014Apr/0050.html
[2] https://github.com/HydraCG/Specifications/issues/5