RE: Please help with JSON-LD processing

From: Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 00:11:56 +0200
To: <public-linked-json@w3.org>
Cc: <public-hydra@w3.org>
+CC public-hydra

On 8 Jul 2014 at 23:16, Tomasz Pluskiewicz wrote:
> On Stackoverflow [1] Dave gave me some advice about how a client would
> either expand or use a well-known context to compact a resource
> representation to inspect its contents.
>
> I intend to implement a Hydra client,

That's great!

> which would allow passing a well-known context.

What do you mean by this? Do you mean a client which can be "configured" by passing it a context?

> Now I'm wondering what is your suggested algorithm to process the
> resource to discover hydra:Links and hydra:Operations.

It depends on what exactly you are trying to achieve. The Hydra console [2] does everything by just using JSON-LD that is framed by a proxy [3]. An alternative would be to convert everything to triples and put it in a triple store (client side) that can be queried to get the hydra:Links/Operations of interest.

> 1.Would you keep an expanded/flattened document for processing and a
> compacted to return to the client?

Keep it where?

> or
> 2. Would you only keep the compacted document and use the
> processContext() method to expand any prefixed URIs?

No, I definitely wouldn't hack into the processContext method.

[2] https://github.com/lanthaler/HydraConsole
[3] https://github.com/lanthaler/HydraConsole/blob/master/proxy.php#L95-L143