Re: removing hydra:search

Hi,

On 02/19/2014 11:16 AM, Ruben Verborgh wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> I mostly follow what you wrote; just one remark:
>
>> If we make hydra:search more like 2.) then I think it's not even named
>> adequately because this is not 'searching', this is 'querying'.
>> Maybe we should forsee two or more operations in that case.
> I see and agree with your point that querying is different.
> However, I think that querying like that might be beyond Hydra's scope.
> Then the "resource" is actually a (non-RESTful) endpoint,
> and we probably don't want Hydra to go there.

Jepp, agreed

Your second mail:

> t's still not quite comprehensible
> to keep search but drop basic CRUD operations

> I'd say: precisely because search is_not_  a basic operation.

Well but then I have to ask why we remove basic stuff like CRUD opertions
and keep complex stuff like search... this is somewhat inconsistent to me.

> It's not covered by the HTTP spec,
> so if machines want to use it, it needs to be described.

Yea but as we found out in discussions about the CRUD operations
things are more complex than they seem and and thus also need to be described.
I'm curious how we will end up with this.

To whom it may concern: I will be one week on vacation from now.

Greets,
Thomas